Although not the Silicon Valley, Southern California has always been a great location for technology – a breeding pool of entrepreneurs starting up technology related companies (MySpace, DemandMedia, Mahalo, Evite, SocialVibe, DocStoc, Savings.com, BuzzNet, CarsDirect, etc.). With a unique blend of brilliant people, located in a dense by not too dense area and a bustling dynamic industry (along with great weather), Southern California is unlike any other place.
At StartupToStartup our goal is to help build this community of startups and to help you succeed. Right now we are focusing on two different ways of building this community:
 Offline – Real-time, face-to-face events. That’s right, good old fashion communication. Ever want to know who’s behind the forum postings? Come see some real people at our events. Ever post something only to have it sit unanswered? Come talk to somebody and get an answer. Here’s some reasons to attend:
- Attend events that we organize and meet people from other Startups – establish some real connections
- See what others are doing, ask them what’s the latest trend
- Come up with ideas on how to make your venture even better, ask them what’s worked and what hasn’t
- Build some buzz about your venture, evangelize your idea, maybe even meet your next business partner
- And most importantly, have a great time and take in So Cal
 Online – Establish an online community. People have real needs, events only happen from time to time, needs must get addressed now. What better place to ask and get solutions from other startups? Here’s some of the reasons to belong:
- Recommend tools and services that have helped your startup, it’ll help others as they get underway too
- We will share tips, tricks, hacks, etc., things you’ll find helpful
- Need some help? Post your job description here.
Attracting people from all parts of Southern California, StartupToStartup gets people together so that there can be an interchange of ideas – online or offline. If you are looking for new ways to do things, establish connections with others and find out what’s really on the cutting edge what better place to go?
StartupToStartup will convene on a monthly basis at various venues – enjoying all that Southern California has to offer. Stay tuned to this website to find out where and when the next event will be held.
Who attends StartupToStartup
StartupToStartup attendees include entrepreneurs, designers, marketers, brand managers, content producers, new media experts, programmers, investors, lawyers, freelancers, inventors, technology providers, games developers, and services providers just to name a few!
John Diep (bio), @johndiep
John is the founder of Schmoozd (www.schmoozd.com), an off-line social media mixer where people can exchange ideas. He also the founder of StartupDemo (www.startupdemo.com), an event for startups in Los Angeles to demos new products and services.
startuptostartup [at] gmail.com